Two hearing aids? Left has blue marker and right has red marker, remember red for right.
Workplace Trainer (Glasgow)
Action on Hearing Loss Scotland have an exciting new opportunity for a Deaf Awareness and British Sign Language trainer to deliver quality training across Scotland, the post will be based in our Glasgow Office.
The trainer will support partners through our ‘Working for Change’ campaign improving their confidence to recruit, support and retain deaf and hard of hearing individuals within the workplace. They will conduct Work Place Assessments, basic hearing checks, Deaf Awareness Sessions; which will include an introduction to workplace BSL and the development of a peer support model. We will support partners to achieve their Disability Confident Award, which will demonstrate their commitment to supporting staff with disabilities.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To deliver a programme of deaf awareness and work based sign within Sky and other identified organisations. Supporting employers to achieve the DWP ‘Disability Confident’ charter and deliver activity around the Working for Change campaign.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Deliver Deaf Awareness and Workplace BSL courses
- Support Employers to achieve Disability Confident
- Actively promote the Action on Hearing Loss Working for Change campaign
- Prepare all materials and handouts for training programmes
- Support and develop wider Action on Hearing Loss Scotland training strategy
- Ensure project reporting and funder reports are carried out timeously and meet the funding specific outcomes
- To complete any other duties and responsibilities when requested which are commensurate with this role.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post at all times in compliance with all of Action on Hearing Loss policies, but especially Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety.
- Working with Sky in Livingston and other areas across Scotland
- 35 hours per week