Each hearing aid always comes with a user guide, if you have lost your user guide check out our user guide section to download it.
Mentors - Deaf Roots & Pride Project (Derby & Birmingham)
To mentor a young person aged between 8 – 20 years on the Deaf Roots and Pride Project.
Roles involved in Mentoring
- To build a relationship with a young person (mentee) and their parents
- To plan and participate in mentoring activities with a young person
- To set and work towards agreed goals
- To encourage the young person to enhance their personal development and social skills, and to increase their confidence and self esteem in the deaf community
- To help the young person progress to further training, education or employment
- To complete an accredited training course and safeguarding course
- To meet a young person on a regular basis as agreed with the mentee
- To attend and participate in group supervision every 2 months
- To take part in other activities as required, for example, training and team building days.
- To maintain appropriate records of expenditure.
- To complete monthly feedback sheets in conjunction with a young person
- To attend training sessions at the beginning of the project
- Commit to long term mentoring with matched mentee for a fixed 1 year period (with possible extension)
- To attend meetings for progress and support sessions
Monday, February 3, 2020
£12 per hour
Derby & Birmingham