Two hearing aids? Left has blue marker and right has red marker, remember red for right.
Find Deaf Friendly Churches on UK Services Map
A deaf friendly church should have four main things:
- A deaf-friendly church should have a loop system to allow you to connect your hearing aid to hear the speaker or preacher at the front clearly.
- The revered or preacher of a deaf-friendly church should be clearly spoken and have attended deaf awareness training.
- Good lighting within the church and on anyone speaking is essential for those lipreading
- There should be availability to sit at the front to be able to lip-read
- A BSL interpreter should also be present if members of the congregation of the deaf friednly church use British Sign Language.
If you run a service, you can add it to the hearing services directory for free. Check out how to do this with instructions on our Add Your Hearing Service page.